7 Days / 6 Nights
Solicite la mejor tarifa
BILBAO - HARO - LAGUARDIA (Rioja wine country)
- Upon arrival your English-Speaking Chauffeur will pick you up from Bilbao airport or from a city centre hotel if you have opted to stay overnight in Bilbao (NOTE: Pick up time will be from 08:00AM - 09:30AM. You must advise your flight times if you will be arriving this morning. If you will be staying at a hotel other than we have offered for a pre-tour stay you must advise hotel name).
- Departure from Bilbao to Haro in the Heart of Rioja Alvesa wine country.
- Meet up with our wine guide to enjoy a visit of the old quarter of the town and a tour/tasting of a Rioja winery.
- We will walk to âBarrio de la Estacionâ, the quarter where most renowned and historic wineries in Haro are located.
- Winery tour at Bodegas Muga (or similar winery) where we will visit one of the most emblematic wineries in Haro, discovering all the secrets of wine, the imposing wooden tanks and the calmness of the aging rooms. Wine tasting after the tour.
- Enjoy a glass of wine at Bodegas Lopez de Heredia Wine-Bar, a cutting-edge building designed by Zaha Hadid, an Iraqi architect based in London and known for the spectacular nature, innovation, art, daring and subtlety of her work.
- We will walk to the Old Quarter for a pintxos tour. A special selection of 4 pintxos paired
with 4 Rioja wines in up to 4 bars while discovering the most interesting spots in Haro.
- After lunch meet up with your chauffeur and continue driving through the rioja wine country arriving at Laguardia a charming wine town.
- Check-in Hotel.
- On your own later if you wish you could take a stroll around the old quarter of town.
- We have reserved a table for your dinner at a well-renown restaurant of Pousada Mayor de Migueloa, also a winery with excellent wines which, will accompany our meal.
- Overnight in Laguardia.
LAGUARDIA - SANTO DOMINGO DE LA CALZADA - BURGOS
- Today you will start by visiting on your own Santo Domingo de la Calzada`s Cathedral and old quarter.
- Then leaving La Rioja you following along the French Pilgrimage Way to Santiago in Castilla y Leon.
- This morning you will start by walking between Belorado and San Juan de Ortega. We have selected the most scenic portions to walk which will be around 6km/3.72mi (Duration: 1h30 approx.) for this stage. You will cross the Montes de Oca in the forest trails with Chestnut trees, etc.. and ending the day in Burgos. Walking today you will have the opportunity to meet other pilgrim walkers from many different countries around the world.
- Before lunch your chauffeur will pick you up and take you to Burgos.
- Check-in Hotel and free time for lunch on your own.
- In the afternoon meet a local guide and enjoy a guided visit of Burgos, with its impressive cathedral and old quarter.
- Rest of the day at your own leisure to explore the city
- We have reserved a table for your dinner tonight at a recommended traditional restaurant offering Castilian cuisine.
- Overnight in Burgos.
BURGOS - CARRION DE LOS CONDES - SAHAGUN - LEON
- Today you will walk through the "Tierra de Campos" where you will see the wheat and cereal fields that are so characteristic of the Castilian Plains. During the walk you will see different types of traditional architecture of the homes, villages, etc... We have selected the most scenic portions to walk which will be around 8km/4.97mi (Duration: 2h00 approx.) for this stage from Burgos to Castojeriz.
- Continuing on passing through many small pilgrimage villages stopping in Carrion de los Condes for lunch on your own (Recommend: Having lunch in the restaurant of a Pilgrimage Monastery).
- After lunch you continue to Sahagun.
- Upon arrival to Leon Check-in hotel.
- In the afternoon meet a local guide and enjoy a guided visit the cathedral & old quarter of the city.
- We have reserved you a table for dinner at the restaurant of Parador de Leon.
- Overnight in Leon.
LEON - ASTORGA - CASTRILLO DE LOS POLVAZARES - FONCEBADON - MOLINASECA - PONFERRADA
- Leaving Leon you will make a stop at the Virgen del Camino (The Virgin of the Way)
- Then you continue on making a stop in Astorga to visit the Cathedral and Episcopal Palace which houses the Pilgrimage Museum de los Caminos.
- Free time for lunch in the medieval town of Castrillo de los Polvazares (Recommended: For lunch you could try ordering in one of the local restaurant the traditional dish, "Cocido Maragato")
- After lunch we will start our walk in the beautiful region known as the "Valle del Silencio" (Valley of Silence). The picturesque walk today will take us though old mountain villages in an area of profound valleys of the Rivers Sil and Duero. We have selected the most scenic portions to walk which will be around 10km/6.21mi (Duration: 02h30 approx).
- In Foncebadon stop at La Cruz de Ferro (The Iron Cross).
- Walk over the Molinaseca Roman Bridge.
- Ending the day in Ponferrada, where you will visit on your own the Templar Castle and the Iron Bridge.
- Check-in Hotel.
- We have reserved you a table for dinner at recommended restaurant offering local cuisine & Mencia wines.
- Overnight in Ponferrada.
PONFERRADA - VILLAFRANCA DEL BIERZO - O CEBREIRO - SAMOS - PORTOMARIN - SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- In the morning you will make a stop in Villafranca del Bierzo to visit the old quarter.
- Now leaving Castilla y Leon we following along the French Pilgrimage Way to Santiago in Galicia.
- Our first stop in Galicia will be to visit the Celtic mountain village of O Cebreiro.
- After this we visit the Monastery of Samos.
- Free time for lunch on your own.
- Continuing on the way we pass through many villages making selected stops until in Portomarin
- Now you will make the final stretch to... Santiago de Compostela the end of the Pilgrims` way! Admire the typical Galician Countryside while walking through the forest trail with eucalyptus trees and passing by cows and "Horreos" which are stone granaries used to store the corn and wheat, and are a cultural symbol of Rural Galicia "The Land of the Apostle St. James". Passing Melide we are getting in the proximities of Santiago. For this last stage we have selected the most scenic portions to walk which will be around 5km/3.10km (Duration: 01h00 approx.)
- Arriving to Santiago we enter into the old quarter ending our journey with a visit to the tomb of the Apostle St. James inside the Magnificent Cathedral.
- We have reserved you a table for dinner at a recommended restaurant in the old quarter
- Overnight in Santiago
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- In morning meet a local guide and enjoy a detailed visit of the Cathedral & old quarter.
- Lunch on your own in the old quarter (Recommended: Try the Rua do Franco with lots of restaurants and tapa bars to choose from).
- Rest of the day at leisure to explore the city.
- We have reserved you a table for dinner at the restaurant of Parador de Santiago offering Albariño wines and Galician cuisine.
- Overnight in Santiago
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - SANTIAGO AIRPORT
- In the morning transfer to Lavacolla, Santiago`s International Airport
- Those who are continuing on by other means of transportation will be dropped off in the Renfe Train Station in Santiago city.
END OF PRIVATE TOUR SERVICES