4 Days / 3 Nights
Santiago de Compostela
Solicite la mejor tarifa
Apart from the cooking lesson we will explore the historic monuments and local food market of Santiago, in addition to it`s surroundings so we can admire the lush inland countryside. Then follow down the Rias Baixas coast to see the contrasts of landscape from inland and coastal Galicia. We will pass through small pilgrimage and fishing villages, visiting noble pazos (manors) to see the popular architecture of this region. As well along the way we will make culinary visits to see how the honey, wine, cultivation/factories of mussels, scallops and many other food related aspects of this rich land.
This tour is a slow-paced food/wine experience to get a chance to stroll along the ports and old streets while enjoying exclusive visits like to a winery making the highly-acclaimed Albarino white wines of the D.O. Rias Baixas. We will also dine in a few hand-picked restaurant with a mix of local flavors offering creative dishes based on fine local products, to traditional taverns right near the docks offering an abundance of fresh seafood (Spider Crab, Bay Prawns, Lobster, etc...) caught just that morning... delectable “finger-food”!
ABOUT THE COOKING VENUE:
RESTAURANTE O CURRO DA PARRA
The restaurant O Curro da Parra is situated in the heart of Compostela, near the old market, and purchased daily fresh products to develop the menu.
Located in a traditional granite house with two floors, the refurbishment of the premises was designed as a welcoming and intimate, which is an eye for detail. It seamlessly blends contemporary decor, respecting the elegance of stone. Light is used masterfully: engaging the guest, create different rooms and enhances the beauty of architecture popular in Galicia.
The Gastrobar combines the best tapas of the day. At the entrance is the kitchen, in which the material is used primarily steel. Complete with a few tables for tapas and talk, at the entrance to the Rua Voyage.
The ground floor is designed to socialize and dining differently, where it joins the classic and the avant-garde. The first floor is a cozy living room where you can see a beautiful fireplace and guests can enjoy the library O Curro da Parra.. Here is are some review in trip advisor about this restaurant...
An Unforgettable Cooking Holiday on the Atlantic Coast of Spain
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- Arrival to SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA the end of the Pilgrims` way and the capital of GALICIA.
- Private Transfer to your hotel in the old quarter of the city.
- *Check-in Hotel (*After 02:00PM, if you arrive before you could leave your luggage with reception and check in later on that day).
- The rest of today just relax and get ready for a packed day of culinary/cultural activities tomorrow.
- Lunch on your own.
- For dinner this evening we have booked you a table at the restaurant of the Parador.
- Overnight in Santiago de Compostela.
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- 10:00AM: This morning meet in the lobby of the hotel your food/wine guide who will show you around Santiago old quarter and evening cooking class/dinner.
- Starting off by walking from your hotel to the Cathedral of Santiago. We will visit the inside of this important Pilgrimage Cathedral as well as the Gelmirez Palace -One of the finest examples of Romanesque Spanish architecture- where we can see a medieval kitchen and dinning room with sculptures made by the famous Maestro Mateo and paintings on the walls of gastronomic scenes from the 12th Century. Then we will visit the balconies of the Cathedral to see the view of the Plaza de Obradoiro and old quarter below.
- We then walk though the ancient streets of Santiago until reaching the open-air market of Plaza Los Abastos to see the daily catch and fresh vegetable that are brought into the market by the villagers who live close by Santiago.
- After this enjoy tapas/wines tour starting with a tapa in the market, you will try the famous Galician Pulpo A Feira (Galician Octopus Fair Style). Then off to a vinoteca with a well stocked wine cellar and serving local cheese, cured meats, etc... We will try White (Albariño, Godello, etc..) and Red (Mencia, etc...) Galician wines with commentary about the different Denominations of Origin (D.O.`s) in Galicia and characteristics of the wines tasted.
- After lunch we will further explore Santiago and then you will have some free time back at your hotel before the evening cooking class and dinner.
- 06:00PM: Our chef at O Curro da Parra will welcome us on arriving at the restaurant.
- In the kitchen our chef will explain all the dishes that will be elaborated in this menu. Hands-on participation for each course. The class will end around 08:00PM, then following the class you we be seated in the dinning room of the restaurant. Then you will be seated to enjoy the dishes you have prepared with your chef.
- Coffee and Liquors after the meal.
- Return back at your hotel in Santiago on your own.
- Overnight in Santiago de Compostela.
B, TL, D
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - Rias Baixas (Low Estuaries or Bays) COAST
- 09:30AM: This morning you will meet in the lobby of your hotel your food/wine guide
- Today will be dedicated to coastal cuisine, starting off by traveling down the Rias Baixas coast spending the day in the Ria de Arousa area one of the most important bays in the world for seafood production. Here we will visit various places related to the “fruits of the sea”.
- This area is known as the O SALNES valley, sub-zone of the DENOMINATION OF ORIGIN RIAS BAIXAS.
- Here we will make a special visit to an Albariño winery, BODEGA PAZO DE SEÑORANS (Or similar winery).
- After this we visit CAMBADOS village, the heart of Albariño wine country. Here is also found the Albariño wine museum which we will also visit inside.
- After this we will make our way to the small fishing village of O Grove to board a catamaran in the harbor for a visit of the Mussel farming beds which this area is so famous for. You will enjoy a looking thru the panoramic sea view at he bottom of the boat. As well tasting of the mussel on board the boat. The mussel of Galicia are well known across Spain and other parts of Europe.
- Then we will enjoy a special degustation menu with fine wines of the area at a Michelin star restaurant with a top Galician Chef.
- Return back along the coast to Santiago with a possible stop if time premits in the village of Combarro for photos of the famous horreos (stone granaries) along the port promenade.
- Upon arrival to Santiago drop off at your hotel and goodbye from your food/wine guide.
- Rest of the day and evening at your own leisure
- Dinner on your own
- Overnight in Santiago de Compostela
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
- *Check-out of your hotel (*Before 12:00noon)
- Private transfer to Santiago de Compostela Airport
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- 03 nights in double room with private bathroom in 5* (Class A) or 4* (Class B) City Centre Hotels or Parador (See Lodging)
- 2 Days of excursions with Private English-Speaking Food/Wine Specialist Guide
- 1 Day of transportation for excursion to the Rias Baixas in Renault Scenic for 2 to 3 People, Seat Alhambra for 4 to 5 People and Mercedes Vito for 6 to 8 People. (See Transportation)
- Private round trip airport private transfers
- (B): Breakfast Daily except day of arrival
- (TL): 1 Lunch based on regional tapas and wines in the bars/taverns of the old quarter in Santiago
- (L): 1 Lunch which will be based a various course gourmet degustation menu at a Michelin Star restaurant on the Galician Rias Baixas Coast
- (DR): 1 Dinner *Table Reservation at a recommended restaurant (*What you order and consume must be paid directly this is a table reservation service only)
- (D): 1 Dinner (Entrance Dish, 2 Main Courses and Dessert) with Spanish wine and recipes in English. See Sample MENU...
- 1 Galician Hands-on Cooking class at Restaurante O Curro da Parra
- Recipes in English, Apron, etc...
- 1 Market visit in Santiago
- 1 Visit to Albarino Winery with commented tasking of the wines produced
- 1 Visit to a Mussel producing farm with boat ride on the bay and a tasting of the mussels
- Visit of the old quarter and Cathedral of Santiago
- Any other entrance fees to sights specified in the itinerary
- Detailed tour information package
- Local Taxes
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Tips & Gratuities to Driver/Guide
- Transfers not specified in the itinerary
- Entrance fees not specified in the itinerary
- Beverages not specified in selected meals
- Meals not specified in itinerary
- Laundry Expenses
- Telephone & Facsimile charges
- Excess Baggage charges
- Passport & Visa fees
- Personal & Travel Insurance
- Airport & Departure Taxes
- Optional excursions
- Room Service