8 Days / 7 Nights
Rates On Request.00€
- Pick up at Madrid airport and transfer by minibus to the Parador in Avila (approximately 2 hours ride)
- Selection of bicycle and introductions
- Evening free to visit the town and its famous walls
- Avila is another of the towns forming part of the worldsÂ´ human heritage in Spain. Its walls are perfectly preserved. To be seen are its cathedral and the church of San Vicente where a number of works of art are kept. Its Parador Raimundo de BorgoÃ±a is situated in a Palace built in the walls of the town. Its name makes reference to the Conquistador of the town, promoter of the walls to safe guard the town during mediaeval days
- Dinner at the Parador
- Overnight in Avila
AVILA - GREDOS
45 km. 110 mts. gradient.
- After breakfast we bike around this city, always surrounded by a beautiful countryside and near its walls
- After lunch we will leave by minibus on a lovely road towards the Sierra de Gredos where we will spend the night.
- Gredos is a magnificent mountain range and the Parador is in one of its look out points. Comfortable and classic, it was the first Parador founded by the King of Spain, Alphonse, in 1926 as a hunting resort.
Dinner at the Parador
- Overnight in Gredos
B, L, D
GREDOS - JARANDILLA DE LA VERA
52 km. 420 mts. gradient.
- After breakfast we will leave by minibus to the heart of the mountain, from where we will bike on nice roads crossing the Sierra de Gredos towards the lands of Vera
- We will be pedaling along the foothill of the mountain
- We will come through picturesque villages quite unique for its architecture, plenty of forests and prairies
- Jarandilla is the centre of these lands, owing its importance to the Castle of Oropesa, nowadays the Parador, where we will be staying. King Charles V was another guest while the monks got his rooms ready in the monastery of Yuste
- Overnight in Jarandilla de la Vera
JARANDILLA DE LA VERA - PLASENCIA
55 km. 200 mts. gradient.
- As usual after our breakfast and on our bikes, we leave towards Cuacos de Yuste where we will visit the monastery where Charles V retired and died
- We go up the pass of Piornal from where we all will admire the splendid views of the valley
- The descent takes us towards the splendid valley of the Jerte River to arrive in Plasencia. A town on the banks of the river Jerte. It has a double mediaeval wall. The Parador is a wonderful example on how to give clients the best
- Evening will be free to visit at your pace then, dinner will be waiting for you
- Overnight in Plasencia
B, L, D
PLASENCIA - OROPESA
45 km. 30 mts. descent.
- By minibus we leave towards Oropesa to start on a 30 km route following an old railway track, descending towards Calera near our final destination
- The Parador is once more our lodging and where we will have supper.
- The Castle and the Parador (a XII century perfectly preserved palace), are two of the milestones in Oropesa that can be seen from a long distance.
- Overnight in Oropesa
B, L, D
OROPESA - CHINCHON
55 km. 159 mts. gradient.
- By minibus we go along the river Tajo to a winery from where we will do some miles
- Then by bus we reach the city of Toledo, and visit by bike. Toledo is place made special by its Arab, Jewish and Christian elements. Many narrow street, its Cathedral and the bridges over the river worth to visit it.
- Enough time to visit it and have lunch
- In the afternoon, we will go by minibus to Chinchon where we will dine and spend the night at the Parador. Chinchon has a irregular but very nice main square. The Parador is a carefully restored 17th-century convent.
- Overnight in Chinchon
B, L, D
CHINCHON - MADRID
- In the morning we will be setting off for Madrid where we will arrive after an hour journey. Optional: Madrid city tour by bicycle or Free time
- We suggest a visit to the Royal Palace, the Plaza Mayor (Main square) and the Prado Museum.
- Overnight in Madrid
- Transfer to the airport
- Hasta pronto y buen viaje!
END OF TOUR SERVICES
1 JARANDILLA DE LA VERA
City Centre Hotel 4*