VIGO - RIA DE VIGO - CIES ISLANDS - PLAYA DE AMERICA - BAIONA
- Arrival to Vigo Spain´s largest fishing port (Inquire for pre-tour services or hotel night
- Make your own transportation arrangements (Transfer can be provided upon
request) to arrive (10:00 am) at the yachting port, Real Club Nautico de Vigo
- Board the yacht & introduction to the group
- Starting our Sailing journey around the Ria de Vigo with selected stop in small fishing villages & stunning beaches
- Leaving the Ria de Vigo we cross over to the Cies Islands where we will anchor the yacht next to the beach and enjoy a catered
lunch with products & wines of the area aboard the yacht
- A short walking tour to observe the islands flora & fauna
- Free time at leisure to sit on the beach and explore the Island
- Boarding the yacht we sail across to the Playa de America just like La Pinta
did bringing word of the discover of America to Europe.
- Disembark in Baiona at the yachting port, Monte Real Club de Yates.
- In the harbor we will also see the replica of the Caraval Pinta
- Transfer by land to the Castle of
Monterreal, now a Parador hotel where we will be staying tonight (NOTE:
We have the option as well to stay aboard the yacht and not in a hotel,
- Dinner on your own (NOTE: We could add the options of a fun
tapas and wine tour of the best restaurant and bars of the old quarter
in Baiona with our local foodie guide, please see addons for extra cost)
- Overnight in Baiona
BAIONA - COSTA DA VELA - RIA DE ALDAN - ONS ISLANDS - RIA DE PONTEVEDRA
- In the morning we set sail over to the next ria,
passing by Donon on the peninsula of O Morrazo, then passing by the Ria of Aldan.
- Then we sail crossing over to the Ons Islands
- Disembarking you will have some time at leisure to walk around the island to
view it´s natural beauty
- Then we will have lunch in a Fishermen´s Tavern with fresh fish & seafood
located on the port
- In the Afternoon we will sail across the next Ria, which is the Ria de Pontevedra disembarking in Sanxenxo,
at the yachting port,
- Transfer to our hotel in Sanxenxo (NOTE: We have the option as well to stay aboard the yacht and not in a hotel, see pricing)
- Dinner on your own (NOTE: We can book you a table in a
traditional or even at one of the Michelin star restaurants as there are
a few in the area on 20 mins. away from the port of Sanxenxo.)
- Overnight in Sanxenxo
SANXENXO - ONS ISLAND - O GROVE - LA TOJA ISLAND
- In the morning from the marina of Sanxenxo we set sail crossing over to the Ons Islands
- Disembarking you will have some time at leisure to walk around the island to view it´s natural beauty
- Then we will have lunch in a Fishermen´s Tavern with fresh fish & seafood located on the port famed for the Galicia Pulpo (Octopus).
- In the early afternoon we set sail passing by A Lanzada beach with a small hermitage
- Entering the last Ria on our journey, which is the Ria of Arousa, here starts the Maritime Route to Santiago. The maritime and river route along the Arousa estuary and the river Ulla commemorates, according to tradition, the arrival by sea to Galicia of the body of the Apostle St. James the Greater, after his martyrdom in Jerusalem in the year 44 AD. St. James was a sailor and fisherman from Galilee, an apostle of Christ, the evangelizer of the West, and a martyr. The episode on his death, ordered by Herod Agrippa, is contained in St. Luke´s "Acts of the Apostles".
- We disembark in O Grove and are transferred to a luxurious Spa hotel on La Toja Island where we will stay over night (NOTE: We have the option as well to stay aboard the yacht and not in a hotel, see pricing)
- Here we stop to see an interesting Church decorated with Scallop shell (A cultural symbol of the Camino) on the exterior
- Rest of the day free to relax in the Spa, walk around the Island or even play a round of Golf at the course nearby
- Dinner on your own
- Overnight in La Toja
LA TOJA ISLAND - O GROVE - ISLAND OF SALVORA - RIBEIRA
- We set sail from O Grove to visit the small Island of Salvora at the mouth of the Ria de Arousa
- Then crossing over the bay we disembark in Ribeira where we will have lunch in a restaurant on the port
- After lunch we visit the Fish market of Ribeira to see how the fish is brought in etc...
- Then by land we make our way to visit the Dunes of Corrubedo, a nature beach park with large sand dunes and wild flora & fauna
- Next we visit the ancient Dolmen de Axeitos
- Transfer to a small rural hotel surround by nature (NOTE: We have the option as well to stay aboard the yacht and not in a hotel, see pricing)
- Dinner in the restaurant of the hotel (NOTE: *OPTION C dinner on your own)
- Overnight in Ribeira
B, L, *D
RIBEIRA - BOIRO - RIANXO - VILAGARCIA DE AROUSA - CAMBADOS
- Leaving Ribeira on our last sailing day following along the north side of the Ria of Arousa visiting the Arousa Island
- Disembarking in Vilagarcia de Arousa we board are transferred to a restaurant where we will have lunch
- Now we are in the Rias Baixas de O Salnes "Albariño wine country" in the Val do Salnes (Salnes valley), which is a sub-zone of the Denomination of Origin Rias Baixas
- In the afternoon we will make a special visit to an Albariño winery located within a Galician Pazo (Manor house)
- Then we stop to visit Cambados village, the heart of Albariño wine country
- Free time to for walk around the Plaza de Fefiñanes and quaint streets of this noble village
- Transfer to hotel
- Dinner and evening on your own
- Overnight in Cambados
CAMBADOS - CATOIRA - PADRON - SANTIAGO
- In the morning we still continue along the Maritime route to Santiago, but this time by coastal road stopping in CATORIA to visit the remains of the 17th century defense Western Towers, order to be built by the Archbishop of Santiago to stop Viking invasion up the River Ulla, this is also the way the Disciples came with the body of St. James
- Next stop in Padron where two Pilgrimage routes meet, the Maritime route & The Portuguese way to Santiago
- Padron is where St. James´s body was disembark and this village is also famous for its small little green pepper Pimientos de Padron "Some are hot & some are not!"
- Enjoy a scenic drive to see the plantations of the Peppers of Padron which are actually in the neighboring village of Herbon
- From here we following along the Portuguese Camino de Santiago (NOTE: We can adapt the itinerary for walkers who want to do the last bit of the camino walking to Santiago.)
- Arrival to Santiago, check in hotel and free time for lunch on your own
- Afternoon free to explore Santiago
- Dinner on your own
- Overnight in Santiago
SANTIAGO - WALKING DAY TOUR IN THE HISTORIC QUARTER OF THE ANCIENT PILGRIMAGE CITY
- Morning visit of Santiago de Compostela the end of the Pilgrims' way
- Starting the day with a guided visit of the Cathedral of Santiago and the old quarter.
- Then a visit of the plaza de Abastos market with our foodie guide.
- Free time for lunch on your own (NOTE: Or with our foodie guide we could do either a tapas tour the best tapas bars in the
old quarter or a hands-on cooking class with a local chef. You have the choice in the prices to add on either of these activities to the trip)
- Rest of the day at leisure to explore the city. We highly recommended you visit the Museo de Pobo Galego (The Museum of the Galician People) which shows the way of life in Galicia and a lot of things you have learned about and seen this tour.
- Final "Goodbye Dinner" at a special location and with the famous Galician Quiemada!
- Overnight in Santiago
SANTIAGO - LAVACOLLA, SANTIAGO´s INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - TRAIN STATION & CITY CENTRE
- Morning transfer to Lavacolla, Santiago´s International Airport (NOTE: If you are leaving from another airport or train station transfers can be arranged upon request)
- Those who are continuing their trip by other means may depart from the hotel on their own (NOTE: If you did want to extend your stay inquire for a
tailor-made addon to your trip)
END OF TOUR SERVICES