Day by day itinerary
WELCOME TO PALMA DE MALLORCA
Arrival at Palma airport, where you`ll
transfer across to our first accommodation
in the capital Palma itself.
- Taxi fare to this venue is 35 euros
approximately. Or alternatively one can take
the public bus into central Palma.
- On arrival at your hotel, information will
be given so that you can take full advantage
of time spent in the historic, yet very
cosmopolitan city of Palma. Perhaps visiting
the Cathedral, or the impressive Bellver
- Our hotel is family run and extremely well
located. This evening we all dine together,
so that we can fully appreciate what lies
ahead in the coming days. Pure Magic!
- Please arrive at the hotel before 8pm if
you want to take part in the evening meal /
Get together / Brief outline of the week.
(Details of hotel in Palma and how to get to
it, sent with booking confirmation)
VALLDEMOSSA - DEIA
- We transfer to the colourful mountain
village of Valldemossa, where we allow time
to visit the fascinating Costa Nord Centre,
full of information on the vicinity and the
Tramuntana hills. I
- It´s now time to start the trek north
- Our route climbs up to reach the majestic
"Archdukes Pathway", offering stunning
coastal views, before descending to the
heavenly setting of Deia.
- 6 Hrs Walking Approx.
- Our accommodation is a comfortable hostal,
once a prominent town house.
- We dine together in Deia and stroll its
streets by moonlight!
B, PL, D
DEIA - SOLLER
- After breakfast we continue the walk with
our destination being Port Soller situated
on the edge of a crescent shaped bay and
surrounded by high mountain scenery. To get
there from Deia we take the old fisherman´s
way above the sea to the hamlet of Lluc
Alcari, then climb up to the houses of Son
Mico with there lofty position, to view as
far as the eye can see.
- The high balcony path is dominated by
gnarled olive trees and great photographic
- We arrive at the back of Port Soller, and
conveniently right behind a bar, before
checking in to our seafront accommodation
for the next two nights. 3.5 Hrs walking
B, PL, D
- Rest day! But that´s entirely up to you,
because a guided walk in the locality will
be on offer. (This will usually be decided
in Soller). Whatever you choose to do,
having another day in this marvelous valley
with its rich vegetation and attractive warm
stone buildings is a must.
SOLLER - TOSSALS MOUNTAIN REFUGE
- Today´s leg of the journey takes us
through an incredible variety of scenery.
- We leave Soller, and head towards the
pretty picture postcard hamlet of Biniaraix
to start the ascent of a 16th century
limestone staircase, which has some of the
most spectacular vistas anywhere in the Med.
- We continue after this to summit the
distinct cone shaped peak of L`Ofre at
- The day just gets better and better, as we
follow the water pipeline from Cuber
Reservoir down through a series of tunnels
to reach a hidden valley where we find
tonight´s place to sleep "The Tossals Verds
- This is trekking at its best staying up in
the hills away from urbanisation, under a
- The meal at Tossals will give us a great
chance to sample local cuisine, and sleeping
is in a very comfortable, recently built
bunk style dormitory. 6 to 8 hrs. walking
this day approximately.
TOSSALS - LLUCH MONASTERY
- Waking refreshed and ready to tackle
anything. Today´s objective is to scale the
island´s highest accessible peak "Massanella"
1352m. from its rocky southern flanks, then
to drop down to the religious heartbeat of
the island "The Monastery of Lluch".
- Massenella boasts being higher than
anything in the British Isles and to stand
proud on its summit is, to say the least,
- Lluch Monastery is our accommodation for
the night and naturally an experience not to
be missed. Clean cotton sheets are placed
neatly at the end of your bed, but you have
to make it yourself.
- Then it´s down to eat a well earned meal
with the rest of the group.
B, PL, D
LLUCH - POLLENSA
- Our last walking day starts after
breakfast at Lluch. The route takes us up
through Holm Oak woodland to a plateau
called "Coll Pelat" then cuts across a
hillside to the spring water bottling plant
- Here we follow the Cami Vell de Pollensa
(The old way north before the asphalt road
was built) hugging the sides of the mighty
Puig Tomir mountain.
- Our arrival in Pollensa square marks the
end of the trek, but never the memories!
- We are transferred across to Alcudia old
town and the final accommodation on the
tour. A centrally situated hostal with
plenty of character.
- This is our last night together and I
guess we`ll have a lot to talk about over
POLLENSA - PALMA
- The tour ends after breakfast on day
- The Homeward journey and getting to Palma
Airport : A taxi to Palma from Alcudia costs
60 euros approx. The public bus from Alcudia
requires a change in central Palma and of
course the costs are much cheaper than a
taxi. Any information needed on this subject
will be available from the tour leader.
END OF TOUR SERVICES