Half-Day (Duration: 02hrs. 30mins. to 03hrs. approx.)
On Request Best Rate
On the this wine & tapa tour you will visit some of the emblematic taverns/bars/vinotecas of Vigo´s Old Quarter. Your Food & Wine Guide will meet you at your hotel in the city centre or at your cruise ship on the Port of Vigo. An excellent option for those who would like a light lunch or dinner tasting various Galician fine wines and tapas.
A Taster of Galician Cuisine and Fine Wines in Spain´s most important Fishing Port.
- Lunch (12:45PM) or Dinner (07:30PM): Meet your Private English-Speaking Food & Wine Specialist Guide on the Port of Vigo at the statue "La Bañista" which only about 4-5mins. walk from the cruise terminal straight past the black shopping mall “A Laxe” you will see this statue to your left in front of the “Estacion Maritima".
- At the 1st stop it will be in a Vinoteca/bar specialize in Galician wines. We will have our tasting and tapas in the private wine cellar of the bar. You will try different Galician wines starting with the flagship Albariño white wine with Peppers of Padron. Then a young red wine made of the Menica grape with cured Spanish Meats like; Jamon, Chorizo and Lomo with local Cheeses; Tetilla, San Simon, etc…
- Then at the next stop at a quaint bar near the Co-Cathedral of Santa Maria de Vigo we try Ribeiro white wine severed in typical tazas (ceramic bowls), accompanied by Empanda Gallega (Galician Pie), Spanish Tortilla, etc…
- Walking through the old streets of this port city we will make or last stop at the old fish market area of A Pedra where the Oyster ladies are lined up selling fresh raw oysters. Here we will sit on a terrace of a restaurant famed for its rice dishes with fresh seafood from Vigo Bay. Here we will taste the Fishermen’s Seafood Rice with Clams, Mussels, Squid, Prawns, etc. Accompanied by a different Albariño wine from the Condado de Tea sub-zone of the D.O. Rias Baixas. Tour ends at this last tapa stop.
L or D
END OF TOUR SERVICES
THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- English-Speaking Food & Wine Specialist Guide to take you around to selected taverns/bars/vinotecas
- (L or D) Light Lunch or Dinner, the tour price includes 3 to 4 tapas and 3 to 4 Galicia wines of the different D.O. (Wine Regions) within Galicia.
- Local Taxes
THE TOUR DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Transportation is not included you get to the meeting point and from the ending to at your own arrangements.
- No other beverages are included outside of what is tasted with your guide selection of wines.
- All extras must be paid directly.
- Tips & Gratuities are not included nor are the mandatory but always welcome if you had a good time.