8 Days / 7 Nights
Rates On Request.00€
MADRID - AVILA
- Pick up at Madrid Airport at the arranged time and transfer by minibus to the Parador of Avila. (Approximately 2 hours)
- Time to get acquainted and selection of the bicycle
- If you wish, there is also time to stroll around the town
- Dinner at the hotel
- Overnight in Avila
AVILA - SALAMANCA - ZAMORA
City tour and 68 km/43 miles by bike
- After breakfast, we go in our mini-bus to Salamanca where we will visit its monuments and will have lunch
- Then we will be cycling across the Castilian fields on the Silver route until we arrive in Zamora City. This town was once one of the strongholds along the course of the river Duero, claimed in disputes throughout history by both Christians and Arabs. The Parador is situated in one of the prettiest Palaces of the town.
- Dinner at the Parador
- Overnight in Zamora
B, L, D
ZAMORA - VERIN
75 km/47 miles rolling terrain with some climbing
- After breakfast we will start off towards the natural reserve of Sanabria
- Then we will have a long ten miles descent, and some more miles to the nice village of Puebla de Sanabria where we will have lunch
- In the afternoon, we will be cycling down hill on the old and now solitary road until we arrive in VerÃn
- Dinner and lodging will be at the Parador
- This town is situated on the slope of the Monterey hill, in a valley between Galicia and Portugal. The centre of the village is worth seeing. It is well known for its spas and its medicinal waters, and its castle was once an important mediaeval fortress.
- Overnight in Verin
B, L, D
VERIN - BAIONA
56 km/35 miles
- We start on our way by minibus towards Orense and Ribadavia -the land of the Ribeiro wine- to continue until we arrive in Valenca, Portugal, where we will begin a route along the river Miño.
- Passing through Tui and Guarda we will arrive at Mount Santa Tegra where we enjoy a splendid view of the Atlantic Ocean, we then continue, either by bike or minibus, along the coast up towards Baiona. This town is the port where the first news of the discovery of America was carried, on board a ship called La Pinta. The Parador is at the Montreal castle overlooking the bay.
- Here we will have dinner and spend the night at the Parador
- Overnight in Baiona
B, L, D
BAIONA - CAMBADOS
45 km Rolly terrain.
- We go by minibus to the island of La Toja , to start a nice riding around this nice island, seeing small fisherman harbours, small and lonely beaches, seafood warehouse, seagulls and farms
- After lunching at a seaside restaurant, we head for the village of Cambados. A small fishing village in the bay of Arosa and the Parador recently renewed was a XVII century Palace.
- Enjoy the next Parador where we will have dinner.
- Overnight in Cambados
B, L, D
CAMBADOS - SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
45 km/28 mi rolling terrain
- We travel by minibus to take the "Portuguese Saint James way" in Caldas del Rey. On route we go through many small farms, villages and churches until we arrive in Santiago.Â This was one of the most important towns in the middle ages. Nowadays, it attracts a multitude of people every year and its cathedral is a universally renowned marvel of architecture.
- In the same square, (Plaza del Obradoiro), and opposite the Cathedral, we will be spending the night and will have supper in this five star and very luxurious Parador. The Parador was once a hospital built by the Catholic Kings in 1501
-Overnight in Santiago de Compostela
B, L, D
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA - MADRID
- In the morning we will be setting off for Madrid where we will arrive in the evening after 6 hours journey (NOTE: Flying back at at your own expense is also a possibility)
- We will stop for a lunch break on the way
- Overnight in Madrid
- Transfer to the airport
- Â¡Hasta pronto y buen viaje!
END OF TOUR SERVICES